CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Potty Training Tips!

It's Potty Time for Girls (It's Time to... Board Book Series)
So no, I do not think I am this potty training expert, but I thought I would share some of the potty training things I have done with my little girl that will hopefully help some of you that still have to potty train your little ones...These are the videos/things that have helped her...any of your own ideas PLEASE share!

The book above helped a lot in the beginning (assuming they sell it for boys also), it actually makes a flushing noise when you press the button which helped her to go potty, we kept it on the back of the toilet and it was her potty book. She eventually got tired of that so I had a jar of skittles that she got to pick out 1 if she peed in the potty.

As far as movies (you can rent these at the library):

Elmo's Potty Time (great!)
Potty Power
I Gotta Go!
Once Upon a Potty for Her

Pull ups worked great for us, she didn't pee in those any more than she did underwear and in case she did have an accident it was so much easier than having to clean up a big mess! But in the beginning I didn't use those so she would understand more of what was going on. The thick underwear are great too because they absorb most of the pee. A potty chair in the living room was also great as would sit on it when she watched her potty videos and I would find pee in it all the time and had no idea she had went! This potty chair is also a must have for the car! Easily folds and stays in a nice carrying bag! And no mess, you use a disposable bag! I know every child is different for what works for them but this is what worked for us! I actually didn't use a potty chair or pullups with my son!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

they do sell that book for boys.. i had one for my son years ago... he loved it!
~Jami