CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 18, 2009

Homemade Dishwasher Detergent

Homemade Dishwasher Detergent

CIMG1832dDeterge.JPG
HERE is the segment by Sherry Williams on KHOU Channel 11 News.
This is my favorite homemade product. It is so simple and inexpensive to make.

Items that you will need:
1 Cup Borax (estimated cost is 25 cents)
1 Cup Baking Soda (estimated cost 33 cents)
Large Mixing Bowl
Directions:
Mix equal parts Borax and Baking Soda in a large mixing bowl.
Mix until well combined.
This recipe will yield 14 uses.
**Use TWO Tablespoons per load.
The cost to make this product is approximately 58 cents. Divide that by the number of uses (14) to get the cost per load/use.
4 cents per load! Yes, that is correct 4 cents per load.
Compare that to the dishwasher detergent that you are currently using and see the money that you will be saving your family in a year.

Comments about this Homemade Dishwashing Detergent:
Yvette C. said: "The dishwasher soap did a good job cleaning the dishes."
Jennifer V. said: "The dishwash detergent worked great as well. I usually use Electra powerball cubes (also from Costco). I did not see any difference in dishes between the store bought and homemade. Would definitely use again.

Jeff said: "I can not tell the difference. The only difference is the money I spend at the store. This is a keeper."
Calia L. said: "This is amazing. Thanks for teaching me how to hang on to my money."
Thank you for trying something new. I realize that brand loyalty exists and that we all are creatures of habit. Please try these products for yourself and let me know what you think... and how much you have saved by using them.

Thanks JoAnn for sharing!

No comments: