CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Tab's Tips Thursdays!

Tip #4

Be smart! When I first started out I would clip a coupon, go to the store and see that the store brand was cheaper and throw away the coupon-but what I should have done is save the coupon and waited for it to go on sale! I also would stock up when I would see something cheap...for example toothpaste for $1-then I learned that toothpaste is free and you can even make a profit off of it at Walgreens or CVS. Also I want to mention price per ounce...Wal-Mart has the amount on the stickers on the shelf under the item (you can also just calculate it). I use to always base my choice on that-whichever was cheaper I got it BUT I was so glad when I learned-hey even if it is cheaper by the ounce to buy a larger container of mayonnaise would I eat it before it expired...of course not because no one eats mayo in my house but me and I hardly eat it-so I started saving a lot more money being smart in that way. If it is something you know you will finish (like ketchup doesn’t expire for at least a year)-then buy the bigger one because chances are it will get eaten (at least it does in my house!). Store brands aren’t always the best buy either for a couple of reasons...when the name brand is on sale and if you use a coupon it is most likely cheaper than the store brand. The second reason is for example diapers...I found I used way more store brand diapers than name brand so it was cheaper for me to pay a little more for name brand because I didn’t use as many...I haven’t had too much of a problem with store brand food products except for the taste and it is wasted if no one will eat it! I have found that most everything store brand at Publix tastes the same, sometimes even better!

No comments: