CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Tab's Tips Thursdays!

http://www.clipartof.com/details/clipart/19188.html

Yeah so call me a dork!! I came up with all these "tips" a long time ago and forgot about them until I was talking to a friend the other day so I plan to post one every Thursday until I run out of them! Most are probably nothing new but I'm sure there are some newbies to coupon clipping out there!

Tip #1

No time? You can make time for anything you really want to, same thing goes for making time to exercise, if you are motivated enough, you will find the time. Yes, coupon clipping and looking for good deals can be time consuming at first, but eventually it will become natural and part of your life and LOTS OF FUN! First thing is to start simple, get the Sunday paper only. DO NOT cut all the coupons in the paper-Cut only the coupons for the items you use on a REGULAR basis, then write on the front of the coupon insert the date and put in a file folder or whatever you find convenient so if there is a deal later on you can go back to it. A lot of people say they always forget to use their coupons when they go to the store...put them next to your credit card in your wallet, or get a coupon holder (which I highly recommend dollar store sells them) and put your credit card (or whatever you use to pay) in there or keep your coupon book out until you get use to using them. Recently, I started paper clipping them together for each store, which has been very helpful. I always hand 1 coupon at a time or ask the cashier to do it slow to make sure they all get used-I have had several cashiers in the past skip over coupons (my sister counts how many she has and makes sure that is how many they used). If you do forget to give the cashier your coupons, most stores are very good about accepting them later as long as you have your receipt. They understand you forget!

Stay tuned until next Thursday...

No comments: