CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 24, 2010

Question from Reader:

I notice on Hip2save it says this: Huggies Little Swimmers 10-12 pk. $6.99
Use the $1.50/1 coupon found here
Use the $2/1 coupon from the May Coupon Booklet
Final Cost $3.49!
But when I tried to do that last night they said I can not use both those coupons together, so I just used the $2 off wags coupon. Is her store different? The assistant manager was the one helping me.

Answer:
It is the store policy to accept 1 manufacturer coupon & 1 store coupon per item BUT Walgreens only accepts 1 coupon per item without the system beeping so if you are buying an item that does not have a coupon, then you can use both coupons without any problem-I usually get lucky finding great clearance finds under $1 that I can use as gifts around the store or there are caramels at the front register for .30 but then you are wasting .30-but I am too cheap! You can always print out a picture too-but that takes more time! In the past, when they have had the "free or cheap" picture deals I wouldn't pick it up until I was in this situation where I had to have a "filler" item & even though the pictures ring up as free, they still have to check it out through the system so it still counts as an item-hopefully that isn't confusing-you'll get better & creative the more you do it!

I did this same deal at CVS because I had a $2 off CVS coupon & CVS does not have that rule. CVS is a lot easier to deal with than Walgreens but I like Walgreens since you can use the RR at Publix!

1 comment:

Goates' Family said...

I did this today and didn't have any problems. I gave the manuf. coupons first, then the store coupon and last my RR. I think it all depends on who is helping you. I had a really nice cashier.